The information presented here is for use with Samson Rope Amsteel®-Blue Lifting Slings only.
This information does not apply for slings made with any other rope product.
- Use only Samson approved splices for the fabrication of Amsteel®-Blue Lifting Slings
- Proof load all slings to 2 X WLL
- Strengths are for new slings only. Refer to Samson’s inspection and retirement criteria to evaluate used slings
- All WLLs are based on a 5:1 design factor.
- Developed to be consistent with ASME B30.9
In basket configurations, WLLs are based on a minimum D/d ratio of 25:1, where D is the smallest diameter in loaded contact with the slings and d is the diameter of the rope. If the actual D/d is less than 25:1, use Table 1 to determine the correct strength reduction.
GENERAL NOTE: Slings with horizontal angles less than 30° are not recommended. Horizontal angles less than 5° should be considered vertical.
Amsteel®-Blue Single-Leg Sling
All WLLs are spliced stengths and based on a 5:1 design factor
Larger sizes for heavier lifts are available. Please Contact your Super Slings representative for more information
HMPE fiber retained 100% strength after 6 months of immersion testing in sea water, hydraulic fluid, kerosene, gasoline, glacial acetic acid, 1 M hydrochloric acid, 5 M sodium hydroxide, ammonium hydroxide (29%), hydrophosphite solution (5%), perchlorethylene, and detergent soution (10%). Contact customer service for recommendations when a rope will be used where chemical exposure (either fumes or actual contact) can occur.