Super Slings Inc. stocks three brands of plate clamps for handling steel, Renfroe Lifting Clamps, Terrier Lifting Clamps and Crosby IP. Plate clamps are a rigging accessory that are normally suspended from a crane hook and attached to steel to facilitate lifting. Because there are a multitude of steel types, shapes, sizes, and weights, there is a wide variety of plate clamps to choose from. You need to determine all of these variables and select the plate lifting clamp that has the right capacity and grip range for the steel your handling. Also, you need to know what orientation the steel is positioned in at the beginning of the lift, and what orientation it needs to end up in at the end of the lift. This is important because some plate clamps lift vertically only, others in a 90 degree range motion, and others that can move plate 180 degrees. Please contact your Super Slings representative for assistance in deciding which product is best suited for your application.
SAFETY LIFTING INSTRUCTIONS
Terrier Lifting Clamps
- Compact design and a low own weight.
- Use of top quality steel for housing, lifting shackle, cam and pivot guarantees a high level of usage and a long life.
- Very good quality and finish.
- Usage of “Exotic” steel for cam an pivot.
- Simple construction, therefor easy to repair.
- All lifting clamps are tested on our own testing facilities upto 2 times its Safe Working Load (SWL).
- Each clamp is supplied with a test certificate.
- Always read the manual before using a clamp.
- The lifting clamps are suitable for lifting and transporting of steel plates with a maximum hardness of 37 HrC (345 HB, 1166 N/mm2).
- The lifting clamps are suitable for usage in normal atmospheric conditions, between -40°C and +100°C.
- Never overload a clamp and prevent the jerking of loads.
- When loading always use the whole jaw depth.
- Never lift more than one plate at the same time.
- Always keep your distance during lifting and descending of a load.
- Prevent situations that anybody is under the load.
- Any welding to the clamp is forbidden, this can influence the hardness and toughness of the clamp.
- All lifting clamps are supplied with an original certificate.
- All lifting clamps are conform to European Standards according to Machine Directive 98/37/EC.
- All lifting clamps have been approved after stringent test by Government Safety Authorities (No. Al: 2753A).
Terrier Lifting Clamps - Warranty
Terrier Lifting Clamps provides a 5 year warranty on its lifting clamps. This warranty is applicable to the original end user of the lifting clamps. Only if the clamp has been inspected, checked and maintained by this instructions and by an official dealer. This warranty period of 5 years is valid from the day of purchase, and is liable to all conditions and measurements stated in this document.
This warranty only covers failures in the lifting tools which is the consequence of production errors which occur during normal use. The warranty covers no wear to components such as pivots, cam assemblies, lock springs etc. Should there be any kind of failure within this guarantee period, the lifting tool will be replaced or repaired to insight of the producer.
No warranty is given to clamps due to the following failures:
- Regular wear
- Wrong and/or carelessly use
- Not following procedures and measures
- Hoisting differing material other then indicated on clamp or stated in the user-manual
- Adapting and/or modifying of the Terrier clamp
- The injudicious use of the clamp, and not succeeding all indications which are stated in the users manual
- When maintenance and/or revision has not been carried out by an authorised Terrier distributor
The producer is not responsible for incidental damage or damage due to use of the lifting tools as well as from
violation of this guarantee manual.
2. Procedure Safety Inspection
All inspections and repairings must be written down in the maintenance diagram. This counts not only for your
own inspections but also for inspections which are carried out by your authorised Terrier distributor. When the
clamp is handed in for maintenance and inspection you always must provide the maintenance diagram.
Defective Lifting Clamps; When a form of wear or damage is indicated, you must take the following measures.
- Take the lifting clamp out of use. (Note the date of failure of the lifting clamp)
- Try to recover the cause of the failure, for example (complete list is available in chapter 1):
- Wrong and/or carelessly use etc
These claims stated in no.2 do not fall under the guarantee! To guarantee the security of you and your
colleagues you are obliged to follow up this procedure.
3. Return your lifting clamp (with the maintenance history) to your authorised Terrier distributor.
4. If the lifting clamp has been revised / repaired by your distributor, you can safely use your clamp again.
Please note this date in your maintenance chart.