- Forged from bar quality fine grain carbon steel bar.
- Normalized prior to machining.
- Roll threats 1/4″ thru 1 1/4″ / M6 thru M18.
- Cut threats 1 1/2″ thru 2 1/2″ / M20 thru M52.
- Proof tested in accordance with ASTM A489 and Federal Spec. ANSI B18.15.
- ASTM A489 test data available on request (no charge with order)
- Shoulder style eye bolt 1/4″ thru 1″ military style collar – MS51937 specification.
- Shoulder pattern eye bolts undercut to ensure eye bolt will thread tight to shoulder.
Proof Tested to Ensure Finest Quality
Minimum breaking strengths are based on vertical loading and verified by actual physical testing of samples chosen via random selection from each lot of a size produced. Actual breaking tests are performed on sample specimens.
Eye Bolt Rated Capacity
The rated capacity refers to the load a sigle eye bolt can lift when the load is applied through the shank of the eye bolt. Breaking strength is five times the rated capacity. The rated capacity is drastically reduced when the load is applied to the eye bolt at an angle. The load should never be applied at more than a 45 degree angle from the bolt centerline. The rated capacity is reduced to 25% when the loaf is applied at a 45 degree angle to the eye bolt centerline. When more than one eye bolt is used to lift an evenly distributed load the capacity is reduced on each eye bolt, based on the angle of the load.
Eye Bolt Installation Guidelines
BE THE FIRST ONE TO KNOW
OUR SPECIAL OFFERS