Basic rigging & Inspection
- Delivery Method: In-person
- Location: Super Slings Academy(505-11 Ave, Nisku, AB)
- Time: 8:00-4:30 (8 ½ hrs)
- Limitations: Maximum 12 Students
- Special Requirements: PPE Required(Hard Hat, CSA approved steel-toed footwear & safety glasses)
This course is designed to provide participants with a basic level of knowledge of rigging gear inspection, selection,and sizing; proper rigging procedures; and load control using typical rigging techniques.
This eight hour course is made up of seven modules with interactive workbook exercises, classroom discussion & hands-on instruction, which make this in-person rigging course both engaging and educational.
Participants are provided with a guided tour of the shop, processes, & equipment, as well as the opportunity to observe a variety of destruction tests. The inspection chapter of the course also includes a hands-on portion, where trainees are given the opportunity to apply the course theory, to real-life examples of failed rigging and equipment.
- Rigging Identification
- Steel Slings
- Synthetic Slings
- Rigging Hardware
- Hitch Capacities
- Sling Protection
- Super Slings Academy Learning
- Hub Access Login
- Student workbook
- Journeyman Riggers Reference
- Rigging Gear Inspection
- Reference Card
- Knowledge Evaluation
- Certificate Of Completion
Quizzes conducted throughout this course are designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 70% must be achieved in order to receive a Certificate Of Completion.
Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.